Medi-Weightloss' Dr. Luiza Petre, cardiologist and nutrition expert, shares her delicious shrimp recipe.
By Dr. Luiza Petre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 6 people
Serving Size: 120 g
Calories from Fat: 108
900 g Shrimp
30 mL Paprika
15 mL Ground Cumin
15 mL Cayenne Pepper
5 mL Ground Ginger
4 Cloves Garlic
60 mL Olive Oil
1 Medium Lime
1. Take shrimp from the fridge and let rest for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the paprika, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and ginger together.
3. Place a skillet over high heat and add olive oil.
4. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute or until tender, then reduce heat to medium.
5. Add shrimp and cook 2-4 minutes or until pink, tossing with spices and lime.
If using frozen shrimp, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Shrimp cook quickly, so keep your eye on them.
Dr. Luiza Petre is a Cardiologist and medical director of three Medi-Weightloss® clinics, a physician-supervised weight loss program. She lives and practices in New York. www.mediweightloss.com.■
More on this topic
Dr. Luiza Petre's Sips for a Skinny Summer
Four refreshing drink recipes that'll keep your calorie count down this summer.
Fregola with Clams Recipe
A seafood and pasta recipe you'll love.
© azureazure.com | 2016